24.1.10

Carta que se salvó (aún no se sabe como) de un edificio en llamas. (M.Giovanna Lai)

I’ve just turn the light on. It wasn’t necessary.
I’m writing to you ‘cause I will not see you anymore. I haven’t way to escape and the smoke is already making me sick.
I want to tell you that I’ve been loving you since the first time.
But I’m gone.
Now, it seems a joke, you are coming and we will never see each other again.
To write calms me down, you know. It looks strange but I’m not breaking down to flee out of here. I can’t pass amidst them. They are too tall. And it makes me think to the water bucket that you were searching last night.
My last thoughts are for you and I don’t want they sound full of panic. I’m laughing.
You must know that now I’m thinking of us and I’m laughing.

Maybe for some panic too.
I’ m thinking about Goloritzè, our last summer.
That steep slope into incredible blinding stones!
And then the sea, God! Those amazing sea's colours at seven o’clock in the morning!
That night, once you left me, I was longing for you. I couldn’t sleep, I felt my forehead burning and my clitoris throbbing. I was imaging your hands and felt myself faint. But I’m gone. And I have never told you anything.
I had to go. I know that you understood.
I love you because you understood. I love you if you really understood.
I’m not jealous, I always be there.


Fumaba su cigarro a orillas del mar. El viento le limpiaba la cabeza de todo lo ocurrido en las últimas semanas. La carta de Sandra, su grafía temblorosa de trazos altos e inflados, el comienzo de la lluvia de preguntas ¿por qué en inglés?, ambos eran de ahí. Y entonces la sospecha y el viaje hasta este país tan perdido, tan lejano de Boston, del que ella no podía quitarse el olor. Si, así olía Sandra, olía a ese mar, olía a ese sendero de rocas y jara, o de murdeju, esa palabra vaga que ella repetía como sonriendo a alguien que él nunca pudo ver. Apagó el cigarro y guardó la colilla en el bolsillo. Oía llamar su nombre, mr Johnson we’ve finished we‘ve to go…
El equipo quería subir antes del comienzo del atardecer, iban un poco aturdidos por el hallazgo y sugestionados por los cuentos del día anterior, al final estos chicos del Masachussets profundo no crecieron con abuelas tan diferentes. En condiciones normales la subida requería por lo menos una hora y media. La policía local no quiso dejarlos ahí y además su jefe fue bastante claro. Robert se disculpó con Sandra y protegiéndose los ojos con la mano empezó el camino cuesta arriba.

2 comments:

  1. Es bueno. Lo del contraste entre lenguas surte efecto. Un detalle, hallazgo, ¿falso amigo? Sería irónico en un texto bilingüe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no...error y de esos feos...:)
    ¡Gracias por señalarlo!
    (Giovanna)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive